Monday, February 15, 2016

The Elusive Kylie Lip Kit

As soon as Kylie Jenner's "Lip Kit" came out, I was drawn to it for some reason. Maybe it was the fact that it was hard to get? I'm not even a huge lipstick fan, but with the increasing popularity of the liquid lipstick, I was dying to try it!  Once I heard about her second big release, including 3 new colors, I did my fair share of stalking and ordered it right at noon the day it dropped. I wanted to purchase all 6, well at least 4 out of the 6, but got cold feet and only ordered two, Mary Jo K and Candy K. The sad part is, not being able to see and test the colors before you buy. It's quite the gamble! I still haven't tried on Candy K yet; it was the one I wanted most since the first release, and I'm pretty confident I will like that one. Mary Jo was definitely the gamble for me because I'm not a red lipstick girl (I want to be!), but I figured Valentine's Day would be the perfect time to try it ;)




So on to my review of the Mary Jo K Lip Kit.. First, I LOVE the lip liner. It's so creamy and smooth and glides on easily. I heard you can just use a regular sharpener but to freeze it first so the liner doesn't break off. I haven't tested it out yet since it's new, but that is the main issue I can see there being with the liner. As for the liquid lipstick, I do mostly like it! Not sure if it's the perfect red for me, but it works. It dried quickly once I put it on which was nice, so no red marks on my teeth! It lasted long and didn't come off (just a tad) when I kissed the hubby. I've heard people comment that theirs flaked off, but I had no issue with this. I didn't slather it on my lips though either. My main issue, that I've also read about, is that it leaves your lips feeling dry. I tried putting on some lip balm beforehand, but I need a good lip moisturizer. I also just think that it's pretty typical of a long-lasting lipstick. Hoping I can find the perfect moisturizer to help make the lip kit perfect. All-in-all, I would recommend the lip kit and I look forward to trying out Candy K and maybe adding to my collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment