Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Charleston Part 1

I just got home from my 5 year anniversary trip and it was amazing! I'm currently in the post vacation depression ;). I've been wanting to go to Charleston for some time now, so my husband and I decided our anniversary would be the perfect time. We have two boys and haven't traveled alone together since our honeymoon! We didn't want to go too far and weren't ready to stay longer than a few nights (I already got so much anxiety about leaving my kids leading up to it), so that solidified that Charleston was the best option.

We couldn't have loved Charleston more! It was everything I hoped it would be!! There's just too much to discuss in just one post, so I'm splitting it up into 3 for each day we were there. It is by far one of the most beautiful cities I've been too, a food-lovers paradise, and a shopaholic's dream. The day we arrived it was overcast. Traveling in September was both good and bad. We didn't have nearly as much humidity when compared to summer, which was nice, and since it was overcast the majority of the time, walking around town was comfortable. However, September is hurricane season so we had rain and it was even slightly chilly at times and I hadn't packed for that. If you're prepared, it won't be a problem, there is so much to do downtown, just don't be disappointed if you can't enjoy the beach. Okay, back to our first day. We arrived around lunch time and stayed right in the heart of downtown. It is a small B&B called Palmer's Pinckney Inn, which is sister to a bigger B&B called The Palmer House. It was in such a great location and it really was a charming little spot. The best part was that it was so affordable compared to the prices I saw for hotels and totally worth the money. Definitely the best bang for your buck!

Cru Cafe is located right across from our B&B and I highly recommend it! The calamari, pictured above, is
amazing. It is the perfect lunch spot and don't pass up their sweet tea. I wish we had it up north!


Our first night we had dinner at Husk. You have to book early if you want a table. This salad and cocktail were
delicious! I think I chose the wrong entree, it was good, but not my favorite. In my opinion, the restaurant is
slightly overrated, but overall we enjoyed the experience.







Onto the other important subject, shopping! Charleston has amazing
places to shop on King St.! Anything you could want, you will find there ;)
This look was for our dinner out on the first night. I'm obsessed with
gingham and fell in love with this dress! It's so pretty and unique and
comfortable too!
Dress: love this one here here and here | Shoes: here here here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment