Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Charleston Part 2

Our second day it rained all day. Looking at the bright side, it was never a heavy downpour so we bought a cheap umbrella and went out on the town. We grabbed breakfast at Toast and headed to Palmetto Carriage Tours to be tourists. It was perfect for a rainy day since the carriage is covered and it lasts an hour. Plus, you learn about Charleston's history and see some beautiful architecture. I found many homes I'd love to buy when I win the lottery ;)

We headed to lunch at 167 Raw, I was dying for oysters and they have the best lobster rolls! Like I mentioned in my last post, King Street is the place to shop for clothes, everything from H&M to LV to the most adorable boutiques. However, if you want something a little more personalized and sentimental, a great place to shop is Market Street. It's literally an open market with all kinds of vendors selling anything from handmade pottery and baskets to paintings and jewelry. It's the perfect place to grab souvenirs! After an afternoon of shopping at both locations, we headed to a local favorite, Fig. It was so dark in the restaurant I couldn't snap pics of the food, but everything was delicious, dessert included! It definitely lived up to the hype! The ricotta gnocchi, a staple appetizer on the menu, is a must!

This is my breakfast at Toast. Hard to tell what it is, but it's a fried green tomato with a crab cake and poached egg
on top. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it! The giant biscuit was also unforgettable, but so filling.
It was plenty of food! Another breakfast hot spot that we never made it out to is Hominy Grill.

Getting ready to board the horse and carriage!

This was our lunch at 167 Raw, minus the oysters I ate. My husband ordered the Lobster Roll and  I had the
Ahi Poke, both are a must! We never order the same entree so we can share :)



I love the back of this dress!



Started raining again..


I'm so happy lace has come back in a big way. It's become my go to, especially when shopping for formal wear.
Lace can get pretty pricey, but I'll link some more affordable options.
Dress: here here and here | Shoes: Dolce Vita (old) similar here | Bracelet: here

No comments:

Post a Comment