Friday, September 25, 2015

Charleston Part 3

Okay, okay, last post about Charleston. Hope you aren't getting sick of it because I absolutely love it there and could go on and on about it. Plus, I saved the best day for last. The sun finally decided to come out and play and it was so nice to see a little blue sky, even if it was just for a short time. Definitely better than rain! After grabbing breakfast at The Palmer House, the sister B&B to ours, we used the Uber app to get a ride to Folly Beach. Apparently, Folly Beach is known as the party beach so I was hoping to go to Sullivan's Island or Isle of Palms, but I let my husband choose for a change since I pretty much planned everything else. If you decide on Sullivan's Island and need to grab some food, I heard the Obstinate Daughter is the place to go!

We arrived at Folly Beach and you can definitely see how it would be labeled as the party beach, but in the middle of the day on a Friday in September, it was a pretty relaxed, low-key spot. The water was probably extra choppy from all the rain, but it's definitely a great place if you like to surf and I love how wide the beaches are! After laying on the beach for a little and walking the pier, we headed to grab a bite at Taco Boy. It was a nice change from the all the southern food we had been eating. I loved their guacamole and they had so many unique tacos that I had to try 3 different kinds. I highly recommend it if you venture out to Folly Beach and they have lots of outdoor seating which is nice. We headed back into town to do some last minute souvenir shopping and get ready for our last dinner. I bought this adorable scarf for myself from the cutest boutique called Bevello. They also have an online store, so check them out! I signed up for their email chain and I've already been sent really great deals like BOGO and 20% off the entire store. Hampden Clothing boutique was also pretty amazing, but they carry more high end clothing that my wallet won't allow at the moment ;)

Now on to the best part, dinner! We had the most amazing dinner at Zero George, probably one of the best I've ever had! I can't recommend it enough, it's an absolute must! From the location to the ambiance to the drinks and the food, I adored everything about it. You won't be disappointed!

Might not look like the nicest beach day, but I swear the sun was peeking out!

How could you not want to eat here with a door like this?! You must try the tempura
avocado taco!

Here's a shot of our appetizers from Zero George. My husband got the Caesar salad which was so good, hard to
tell from the picture, and I got the cobia neck. Sounds unappealing but it's so incredibly delicious! I wish I took
more snaps of our entrees and dessert, each course got better and better!

Not only was dinner my favorite, but so were this dress and shoes!

Having an Angelina Jolie moment with my leg ;)

This courtyard is amazing and right behind that tree is where the outdoor dining area of Zero George is!

Yes, they are shorts underneath. This dress is actually a romper!!






The off-the-shoulder trend was so big this season and I can see why!
To me it's just the epitome of femininity and when I saw this dress I
had to have it! From the floral print to the colors to the high slit, I just
felt so chic in it. Not to mention, it's incredibly comfortable. I also
finally had to break down and buy a pair of tall gladiator sandals. I'm
in love and now is the time to buy them!
Dress: here here and here | Watch: here | Shoes: here here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment