Friday, October 2, 2015

Dressing Up...A Salad

Hi everyone! So as you all know, my focus is on fashion. I'm definitely not a food blogger, but I do love food. Who doesn't?! However, I wanted to share my recipe for a salad dressing because I not only love it, but it's so easy to make. I'm usually not a fan of bottled, grocery store dressing anyway, but this is the perfect recipe for someone that wants to make a homemade dressing and not take up a lot of time. It's also so yummy, light and refreshing and my take on an Italian vinaigrette.

Ingredients:

1/3 cup olive oil
3.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar (could try balsamic)
   1 teaspoon granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:

Add all the ingredients to a container and shake well. That's it! The best part is you can play around with it to your liking. You can always add more salt or pepper to taste. Sometimes I add about 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan or Romano cheese to it.

My favorite salad to throw together with this dressing is romaine lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, red onion and your favorite type of olives (green, black or kalamata). It's such a beautiful array of colors and will dress up any dinner party!




No comments:

Post a Comment